Old Math Building (Annex D)
Building Name: Old Math Building
Other Names: Annex D
Civic Address: Located on Windsor St.
Sod Turning: Unknown
Cornerstone Laying: Unknown
Opened for Use: 1950
Official Opening: 1950
Named for: Housing the Math Department, and being a subsidiary building
Renovations/changes/additions: Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for Head Hall.
Notes: Originally a canteen, the university bought the building in 1950 to house the Mathematics Department. After the Department moved into Tilley Hall in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and the Department of Mechanical Engineering moved in until the building was destroyed in 1987.
- Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014