User Manual & Citation Guide
As a user of the wiki you will find browsing and searching to be quite easy. The Search Box is the best way to find specific information, as it returns any page with the key words matching those searched.
If you would like to print an entry, you can export it as a pdf file and print at your convenience.
Citations to History at a Glance Guide
The History at a Glance wiki is meant to be an authoritative source that can be relied on for accurate information and cited academically.
Provided below are examples of how to cite the wiki using three of the more popular citation styles.
APA Bibliographic Citation Format
Aitken house. (n.d.). Retrieved July 15, 2014, from the UNB History at a Glance Wiki: http://unbhistory.lib.unb.ca/index.php/Aitken_House
MLA Bibliographic Citation Format
"Aitken House." History at a Glance. UNB Archives & Special Collections, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, n.d. Web. 16 July 2014.
Chicago Citation Formats
"Aitken House," History at a Glance (wiki), UNB Archives & Special Collections, 16 July, 2014, http://unbhistory.lib.unb.ca/index.php/Aitken_House.
"Aitken House." History at a Glance (wiki). UNB Archives & Special Collections. 16 July, 2014. http://unbhistory.lib.unb.ca/index.php/Aitken_House.
Citations in History at a Glance
D. Bell (personal communication, November 5, 2014)
- UA Case 123; Section 3; Box 1; Aitken University Centre.
- UA Case 106; Section 4; Alfred G. Bailey, Origins of the Study of History in the University of New Brunswick.
- UA Case 99; Sections 1, 4, 5.
- UNB Calendars (UA RG 86) 1865, 1909, 1910, 1912, 1919, 1923, 1929, 1930, 1941, 1944-45, 1948-49, 1949-50, 1951-52, 1952-53, 1953-54, 1954-55, 1957-58, 1958-59, 1961-62, 1963-64, 1964-65, 1965-66, 1967-68, 1968-69, 1972-73, 1973-74, 1975-76, 1976-77, 1979-80, 1983-84, 1986-87, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13.
- UNB Calendars (UA RG 86), 1923- 1924, 1958- 1959, 1959- 1960, 1969- 1970.
- [UNB Class Composites & Group Photographs Database]
- UNBSJ website, [History of UNB Saint John]
- "The Bassman Cometh" by Alan Annand
- New Brunswick Literary Encyclopedia
- LinkedIn: Glenn Murray, Stephanie Zapata
- ALAR People | Fredericton
- WriteFire | About Me (Wayne Egers)
- Women's Studies Program (Karen Jean Braun)
- Facebook | Vanessa Moeller
- UNB Fredericton | Faculty of Arts Deans List 2004-2005, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012
A link shoudl be provided to websites used to create an entry, using the icon the indicate the link is external to the wiki. A printout should be made of the portion of the site used for the entry to be included as appropriate in a UA Case, or wherever else Archives & Special Collections staff believe it is important to keep a copy.
Manuscript Sources - Literary (MG L), Historical (MG H) and University (UA RG)
- MG H 156; Cases 10, 111, 127.
- UA RG 38; University Correspondence (1920-1965); item 323.
- MG H 156; File Case 144 (b); File 8 (a); 89826, 89843.
- UA Case 123; Section 3; Box 1; Bailey Hall.
- The Brunswickan 108(7): 19 October 1973, pg. 4.
- Plaque Inscription: University of New Brunswick Public Relations Department Photograph Collection; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 721; Item 13.
- UNB Scrapbook (UA RG 100), October - December 1973.
- G. Storr (personal communication, December 11, 2014)
- UA RG 166
- UA Case 112; File 1
- UNB Calendars (UA RG 86), 1960- 1961. 8
- Gibson, Cheryl H., and Kathryn E. Lewis. Reflections II: Faculty of Nursing UNB 1983-2008. Fredericton: Imaging Services, 2008.
- Paiz, J. M., Angeli, E., Wagner, J., Lawrick, E., Moore, K., Anderson, ... & Keck, R. (2014, June 24). Reference list: Electronic sources (web publications). Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/10/
- Clements, J., Angeli, E., Schiller, K., Gooch, S. C., Pinkert, L., & Brizee, A. (2014, March 17). Web sources: General model for citing web sources in Chicago Style. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/717/05/
- Russell, T., Brizee, A., Angeli, E., Keck, R., Paiz, J. M., & Purdue OWL Staff. (2014, June 24). MLA works cited: Electronic sources (web publications). Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/08/
--MarkMcCumber 22 August 2014 (ADT)