Old Math Building (Annex D)

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Building Name: Old Math Building

Old Math building.jpg

Other Names: Annex D

Civic Address: Located on Windsor St.

Sod Turning: Unknown

Cornerstone Laying: Unknown

Opened for Use: 1950

Official Opening: 1950

Architect: Unknown

Named for: Housing the Math Department, and being a subsidiary building

Renovations/changes/additions: Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for Head Hall.

Notes: Originally a canteen, the university bought the building in 1950 to house the Mathematics Department. After the Department moved into Tilley Hall in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and the Department of Mechanical Engineering moved in until the building was destroyed in 1987.


  • Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.

© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014