First used: 1956
Details: Designed by Beverly F. Macaulay, Vice-President (Academic), the flag measures 11 feet 4 inches by 8 feet 2 inches and bears the university's coat of arms on a red and black background.
Use: The flag is flown over the Old Arts Building whenever the University Senate is in session, and it also flies at Encaenia, Convocation, and on special occasions at the discretion of the President.
- UA Case 128; Section 2; File 7.
Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, p. 153.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014