Difference between revisions of "Wu Conference Centre"

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with " '''Building Name:''' Wu Conference Centre/College of Extended Learning File:Wu|thumb|432x288px|right|Wu Conference Centre, 1992. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 4; File 1023; Item...")
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
+
'''Building Name:''' Wu Conference Centre/College of Extended Learning [[File:Wu Conference Centre.jpg|thumb|right|432x288px|Wu Conference Centre, 1992. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 4; File 1023; Item 8.]] '''Other Names:''' Wu Centre, New Brunswick Teachers' Association
'''Building Name:''' Wu Conference Centre/College of Extended Learning
 
[[File:Wu|thumb|432x288px|right|Wu Conference Centre, 1992. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 4; File 1023; Item 8.]]
 
'''Other Names:''' Wu Centre, New Brunswick Teachers' Association
 
  
 
'''Civic Address:''' 6 Duffie Dr.
 
'''Civic Address:''' 6 Duffie Dr.
Line 23: Line 20:
  
 
'''Source(s):'''
 
'''Source(s):'''
* UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 2; Wu Centre.
 
* UA Case 123; Section 1, Box 1.
 
* Leroux, John. ''Building A University: The Architecture of UNB''. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 119-120.
 
* UNB Scrapbooks (UA RG 100); October - December 1968.
 
  
 +
*UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 2; Wu Centre.
 +
*UA Case 123; Section 1, Box 1.
 +
*Leroux, John. ''Building A University: The Architecture of UNB''. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 119-120.
 +
*UNB Scrapbooks (UA RG 100); October - December 1968.
  
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012
+
<br/>© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012
 +
[[Category:Pages with broken file links]]

Revision as of 13:11, 22 May 2014

Building Name: Wu Conference Centre/College of Extended Learning

Wu Conference Centre, 1992. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 4; File 1023; Item 8.

Other Names: Wu Centre, New Brunswick Teachers' Association

Civic Address: 6 Duffie Dr.

Sod Turning: May 1991

Cornerstone Laying: [ca. 1991]

Opened for Use: 1992

Official Opening: 9 October 1968 by Lady Violet Aitken (as the NBTA); 5 October 1992 (as the Wu Conference Centre)

Architect: James Collier (original building); Carl R. Smyth (Wu Centre addition)

Named for: Dr. Yee-Sun Wu (DLitt '87) and his son, Michael Wu (BScMe '64 LLD '89), who, through the Wu Foundation, donated $1 million to the construction of the Wu Conference and Continuing Education Centre.

Renovations/changes/additions: Originally the New Brunswick Teacher's Federation Building, the building was enlarged and renovated to provide space for a meeting and training space, becoming the Wu Conference Centre.

Notes: The J. Harper Kent Auditorium was dedicated 5 October 1992. Home of the College of Extended Learning, English Language Programmes, Centre for e-Learning Development, and Security and Traffic (which was previously housed in Annex B).

Source(s):

  • UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 2; Wu Centre.
  • UA Case 123; Section 1, Box 1.
  • Leroux, John. Building A University: The Architecture of UNB. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 119-120.
  • UNB Scrapbooks (UA RG 100); October - December 1968.


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012