Building Name: Gerard V. La Forest Law Library
Other Names: Unknown
Civic Address: 41 Dineen Drive
Sod Turning: Unknown
Cornerstone Laying: Unknown
Opened for Use: September 1984
Official Opening: 8 October 1968 (as part of Ludlow Hall); 12 October 1984 by the Hon. Emmett M. Hall (as the new addition to Ludlow Hall)
Architect: Mott, Myles & Chatwin
Named for: The Honourable Mr. Justice Gerard V. La Forest, Justice of the New Brunswick Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada in fall 1992.
Renovations/changes/additions: The La Forest Rare Books Reading Room, a secure, climate-controlled environment for the preservation of UNB's historical collection of legal material, was opened 23 March 2012.
Notes: An addition to Ludlow Hall, the Law Library contains 22,000 square feet of space, including the McAllister Room, named for law professor George A. McAllister (BA 1940; MA, BCL 1942)
- UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; Ludlow Hall.
- Law Library Briefs, vol. 3, no. 1 (January 1993): 1. (UA RG 273)
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014