Law Library

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Building Name: Gerard V. La Forest Law Library

Error creating thumbnail: File missing
Law Library, [between 1968 and 1984]. PR; Series 1; Sub-series 4; Item 6390.

Other Names: Unknown

Civic Address: 41 Dineen Drive

Sod Turning: Unknown

Cornerstone Laying: Unknown

Opened for Use: September 1984

Official Opening: 8 October 1968 (as part of Ludlow Hall); 12 October 1984 by the Hon. Emmett M. Hall (as the new addition to Ludlow Hall)

Architect: Mott, Myles & Chatwin

Named for: The Honourable Mr. Justice Gerard V. La Forest, Justice of the New Brunswick Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada in fall 1992.

Error creating thumbnail: File missing
New Law Library addition, October 1984. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 524; Item 4. Photo credit: Jean-Louis Tremblay.

Renovations/changes/additions: The La Forest Rare Books Reading Room, a secure, climate-controlled environment for the preservation of UNB's historical collection of legal material, was opened 23 March 2012.

Notes: An addition to Ludlow Hall, the Law Library contains 22,000 square feet of space, including the McAllister Room, named for law professor George A. McAllister (BA 1940; MA, BCL 1942)

Source(s):

  • UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; Ludlow Hall.
  • Law Library Briefs, vol. 3, no. 1 (January 1993): 1. (UA RG 273)


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014