Law Library

From Archives and Special Collections
Jump to: navigation, search
Building Name: Gerard V. La Forest Law Library
Law Library, [between 1968 and 1984]. PR; Series 1; Sub-series 4; Item 6390.

Other Names: Unknown

Civic Address: 41 Dineen Drive

Sod Turning: Unknown

Cornerstone Laying: Unknown

Opened for Use: September 1984

Official Opening: 8 October 1968 (as part of Ludlow Hall); 12 October 1984 by the Hon. Emmett M. Hall (as the new addition to Ludlow Hall)

Architect: Mott, Myles & Chatwin

Named for: The Honourable Mr. Justice Gerard V. La Forest, Justice of the New Brunswick Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada in fall 1992.

New Law Library addition, October 1984. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 524; Item 4. Photo credit: Jean-Louis Tremblay.
Renovations/changes/additions: The La Forest Rare Books Reading Room, a secure, climate-controlled environment for the preservation of UNB's historical collection of legal material, was opened 23 March 2012.

Notes: An addition to Ludlow Hall, the Law Library contains 22,000 square feet of space, including the McAllister Room, named for law professor George A. McAllister (BA 1940; MA, BCL 1942)

Source(s):

  • UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; Ludlow Hall.
  • Law Library Briefs, vol. 3, no. 1 (January 1993): 1. (UA RG 273)


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014