William Bell Cartmel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bachelor of Science (1900) - Case School of Applied Science, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Years Employed: 1907 - 1911
Department: Physics & Electrical Engineering
- Professor of Physics and Electrical Engineering (1907 - 1911)
- Held a fellowship at Harvard before coming to teach at UNB.
- Delivered the Address in Praise of Founders at Encoenia, 1911.
- In 1936 Cartmel challenged Einstein's theory of relativity at a joint meeting of the American Physical Society and the Optical Society of America.
- University Monthly, vol. 26, no. 7-8, May-June 1907, p. 255.
- University Monthly, vol. 27, no. 1, November 1907, p. 17.
- University Monthly, vol. 30, no. 6, April 1911, p. 294.
- UA Case 77.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014