Robert William Bruce Pugh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- King's Scholar, Eton College
- Honours in French, Keble College, Oxford
- MA Oxford (1926) and Docteur-es-Lettres Strasbourg (1927)
Dates Employed: 1926-1939
Department: Modern Languages
- Professor of French & German
- President of the Oxford University French Club
- First World War veteran, served in France and Belgium
- Reader in English, Strasbourg University, France
- Member of Wolf Cub (Boy Scouts) organization in Fredericton, and held office of District Commissioner
- Delivered the Address in Praise of Founders at Encaenia 1927.
- Resigned 17 May 1939 to teach at King's in Halifax, NS to become clergyman in Church of England in Canada. Ordained 22 Dec. 1940.
Sources: UA Case 77: Pugh, Robert William Bruce
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014