Name: Nutrition Laboratory
Prominent date(s) of activity: 1943-45
History: The Nutrition Laboratory was established as part of a study on the nutritional status of the province, carried out jointly by UNB and the Provincial Department of Health.
Activities: This study included work done in the Department of Biology on the vitamin content (specifically riboflavin) of fish and fish products, as well as wild plants.
Note(s): The Department of Agriculture provided equipment, facilities, and quarters for the animals used in this program in the Veterinary Laboratory and the Fisheries Board assisted in the procuring of samples for the study.
- Up the Hill, 1944, War Effort.
- Up the Hill, 1945, War Effort.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014