Building Name: Neville House
Other Names: Neville
Civic Address: 16 Bailey Dr.
Sod Turning: 18 May 1960 by Fred Neville
Cornerstone Laying: [1960?]
Opened for Use: [1961?]
Official Opening: [1961?]
Architect: Larson and Larson
Named for: Fred. L. Neville, who lived 91 years in the Neville Homestead and was the last generation of Nevilles which owned the farm where the residence quad now stands. Neville allowed his home to be moved to make space for the residences.
Plaque Inscription: Neville House - The land on which this and neighbouring residences are built was long known as the Neville farm. First settled by the Neville family in 1850, it was deeded to the University of New Brunswick in 1944 by Mr. Fred L. Neville, who farmed it for the greater part of his life. In 1960 this building was named in tribute to his long and loyal association with this university.
Notes: Originally built as an all-male residence, Neville House merged with Jones House upon its closure in 2006 and became Neville/Jones House. The residence was closed for the 2010/11 academic year, and reopened in the fall of 2011 as a co-ed residence. Neill House is the twin of Neville House.
- Plaque Inscription: University of New Brunswick Public Relations Department Photograph Collection; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 721, Item 29.
- UA Case 122; Section 3; Neville House.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014