Muskeg Research Institute
Building Name: Muskeg Research Institute
Other Names: MRI, Annex A
Civic Address: 814 Montgomery St.
Sod Turning: [194-]
Cornerstone Laying: [194-]
Opened for Use: 1968
Official Opening: 1968
Named for: Canadian Muskeg research which was housed here.
Renovations/changes/additions: Building moved to Montgomery St. after World War 2. Donated to the university in the 1960s. Building was demolished in Apr 1994 to make room for College Hill Daycare.
Notes: Originally a mess hall in the Minto-Ripples Interment Camp from 1941-1945. Served as home of the arctic muskeg research headed by former Biology department head Dr. Norman Radforth.
- UA Case 123, Box 2.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012