Building Name: Katherine MacLaggan Hall
Other Names: MacLaggan, Nursing Building
Civic Address: 33 Dineen Dr.
Sod Turning: [1967?]
Cornerstone Laying: [1967?]
Opened for Use: 1968
Official Opening: 14 May 1968 by Mildred L. Tuttle, former director of the Division of Nursing, W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
Architect: Larson and Larson; Fellows and Company (2009 addition)
Named for: Dr. Katherine MacLaggan, first Director of Nursing at UNB (1958-1967) and pioneer in the teaching of nursing.
Renovations/changes/additions: An 8,500 square foot addition to rear of building, containing new office space, a 135-seat auditorium, and a new entrance on Windsor Street was officially opened Winter 2009; renovation of the MacLaggan Hall Theatre was completed Fall 2010.
Notes: MacLaggan Hall is home to the Faculty of Nursing.
Names Spaces: Fundy Communications Centre for Distance Nursing Education (015), This centre was funded by a donation of Fundy Communications to UNB's Venture Campaign.
The McPhedran Room (102), named for Professor Margaret G. McPhedran on faculty from 1959-1975 and Dean of Nursing, 1968-1973.
- Leroux, John. Building a University: the Architecture of UNB. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 87-88, 123-124.
- Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, p. 157-158.
- UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; MacLaggan Hall.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014