Joseph Henry Moore
Nicknames/Other names: J. Harry
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (1933) - University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB Canada
- Master of Science (1934) - Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Years employed: 1938 - 1951
Department: Civil Engineering
- Professor of Civil Engineering, 1938 - 1951
President of the Association of Professional Engineers of New Brunswick (1951)
- Was offered associate professorship at M.I.T. but declined to stay at U.N.B.
- Studied structural engineering design at Cambridge University on a two-year I.O.D.E. scholarship (1934 - 1936?).
- Established engineering firm of J. Harry Moore and Associates with fellow professors Ira Beattie, Albert Stevens and Robert McLaughlin.
- Designed and supervised the construction of Bonar Law-Bennett Library (UNB), Sinclair Rink (Newcastle, NB) and several school and commercial buildings in the province.
- UA Case 77
- Alumni Clippings
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014