Date(s) of occurrence:1882- 1900
History:In 1882, cricket was viewed as one of the students of UNB’s primary pastimes. The extent of the Club’s activities is not certain, however it is known that a team from UNB played the City of Fredericton team in 1882. In 1884 E H Wilmot paid for a proper football and cricket field to be constructed, and the following year a crease was made, and equipment was purchased for “Wilmot Field” Cricket became less popular in Fredericton after the Imperial Troops left in the late 1880s, and the sport petered out at UNB.
- University Monthly, vol 1, no. 1
- University Monthly, vol 1, no. 3
- University Monthly, vol 2, no. 7
- University Monthly, vol 4, no. 3
- University monthly, vol 21, no. 1
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014