Annex D (Old Math Building)

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Building Name: Annex D

Old Math Building, [195-?]. UA PC-9 no. 43 (3). Photo credit: Harvey Studios.

Other Names: Old Math Building

Civic Address: Located on Windsor St.

Sod Turning: N/A

Cornerstone Laying: N/A

Opened for Use: 1950

Official Opening: 1950

Architect: Unknown

Named for: Housing the Department of Mathematics

Renovations/changes/additions: Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for Head Hall.

Notes: Originally an independently owned canteen, the university bought the building 1950, where it housed the Department of Mathematics. After the department moved into Tilley Hall in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and mechanical engineering moved in.


  • Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.

© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012