Alvin John Shaw
- Bachelor of Arts with honours (1950) - University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Master of Arts (1955) - University of Michigan, Ann Arbour, MI, United States
Dates Employed: 1950 - 1987
- Faculty Advisor-Director of the UNB Drama Society (1951 - 1973)
- Head of Modern Languages Department (1967 - 1972)
- Associate Dean of Arts (1971 - 1987)
- Professor Emeritus (1988)
- Don of Lady Beaverbrook Residence - (1954 - 1970)
- Dean of Men's Residences (1954 - 1961)
Activities/Contributions: During his 22 years with the UNB Drama Society, the society won 43 awards in regional and national competitions and performed across the country. Shaw was part of the UNB Senate and Board of Deans and received the UNB Merit Award twice.
Shaw was a member of the Board of Governors of the National Theatre School as well as president of the N.B. Drama League.
Notes: Available from Archives & Special Collections ...
Alvin J. Shaw fonds - Record group/Fonds UA RG 350, 1932 - 1992
Shaw served with the Canadian Army from 1942 to 1946.
Montague, Susan. A Pictoral History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, p. 254.
Alvin J. Shaw fonds.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014