William Ganong Hall

From Archives and Special Collections
Jump to: navigation, search
Building Name: William Ganong Hall
William Ganong Hall, 1988. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 4; File 927; Item 4.

Other Names: Ganong Hall

Civic Address: 100 Tucker Park Road, Saint John

Cornerstone Laying: Unknown

Opened for Use: September 1969

Official Opening: 1969

Architect: Mott Myles & Chatwin (?)

Named for: Dr. William Francis Ganong (1864-1941): native New Brunswicker; graduate of UNB (BA, 1884); professor of botany at Smith College (1894-1932); honorary degree recipient from UNB (D.Phil 1898; LL.D 1920)

Renovations/changes/additions: Renovations in Summer 1994 to the Ganong Hall Lecture Theatre included new multimedia equipment and cosmetic improvements.

Notes: One of the first three buildings erected on the Tucker Park campus, Ganong Hall was originally home to the science departments at UNB Saint John

Source(s):


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014