Other Names: Ice House
Civic Address: 7 Bailey Dr.
Sod Turning: [ca. 1851]
Cornerstone Laying: [ca. 1851]
Opened for Use: 1851
Official Opening: N/A
Architect: Michael Neville, New Brunswick farmer.
Named for: David McCord, poet, essayist, former executive director of the Harvard Fund who worked to keep the building from being demolished; dedicated 16 May 1963 as McCord Hall.
Notes: Originally an ice house built for the cost just over £100. Used throughout the years as a carpenter’s shed, headquarters of The Fiddlehead, a senior student study room, weekly meeting place of UNB’s creative writers, and most recently as a class room for creative writing and poetry.
- UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; McCord Hall.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014