Joy Kidd House
Other Names: Kidd, Joy Kidd, DKT (Dunn-Kidd-Tibbits); Lady Dunn Hall
Civic Address: 42 Mackay Dr.
Sod Turning: 17 May 1961
Cornerstone Laying: [ca. 1961]
Opened for Use: 1998
Official Opening: 25 October 1998 (dedication and unveiling of plaque honouring Joy Kidd)
Architect: Larson and Larson
Named for: Joy Wells Kidd, the Dean of Women at UNBF from 1966-1985.
Renovations/changes/additions: Joy Kidd House was moved to its current location in 1998 when the female residences were reconfigured and the front of the existing building, once Lady Dunn Hall, was transformed into Kidd House, with the remaining space divided into two smaller halls for women students, Tibbits Hall and Lady Dunn Hall.
Plaque Inscription: Joy W. Kidd House Named in honour of Joy W. Kidd (1919-1990), the University's longest serving Dean of Women (1966-1985). Beloved by generations of students and a dedicated advocate for women and contributor to their residence life, she actively supported diversity in residence lifestyles and improved services for off-campus students. This residence occupies the former site of Lady Dun Hall, moved nearby in 1998 when the entire complex was reconfigured to better meet student residents' needs.
Notes: Joy Kidd House occupies the former Lady Dunn Hall building. Lady Dunn Hall was moved in 1998 when the entire women's residence complex was reconfigured to better meet residents' needs. It is a co-ed residence.
- UA Case 122; Section 3; Lady Dunn Hall
- Plaque inscription: University of New Brunswick Public Relations Department Photograph Collection; Series 2; Sub-series 4; File 765; Item 32.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014