C.C. Jones Student Services Centre
Other Names: C.C. Jones, Jones House (residence)
Civic Address: 26 Bailey Dr.
Sod Turning: 1957
Cornerstone Laying: [ca. 1958]
Opened for Use: 1958 (residence); 4 January 2010 (rededication)
Official Opening: 10 October 1958 (plaque unveiling for Jones House); 11 February 2010 (rededication of the C.C. Jones Student Services Centre)
Architect: Associated Designers and Inspectors
Named for: Dr. Cecil Charles Jones, University President (1906 – 1940).
Renovations/changes/additions: The renovation from Jones House to the Student Services Centre took place between 2008-2010 and included new office space and increased accessibility, with an official opening of the Student Services Centre in February 2010.
Notes: Originally built as Jones House, a residence for men, the building was converted into the C.C. Jones Student Services Centre, which houses the Campus Ministry, Financial Aid, International Relations Office, Counselling Services, Office of Student Affairs and Services, and the Student Health Centre.
- UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; C.C. Jones Student Services Centre.
- UNB Image Library; [Fredericton]
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014