Building Name: Tweedale Centre for Industrial Forest Research
Other Names: Part of the Hugh John Flemming Forestry Centre, Tweedale Centre for Industrial Forest Research
Civic Address: 1350 Regent Street
Opened for Use: 1988
Named for: Reginald E. Tweedale was general manager of NB Power from 1958-1967 and then was the first deputy minister of economic growth for New Brunswick. In 1971 he conducted the NB Forest Resources Study which resulted in the reform of the Crown Lands Act and ultimately, the construction of the Hugh John Flemming Forestry Centre. Dr. Tweedale served as chair of the Board o Governors of UNB.
Source(s): "University of New Brunswick (Fredericton Campus) Building, Field and Road Names Named Spaces Within Buildings," Prepared for Office of Chief Advancement Officer and Office of Development and Donor Relations by Peter C. Gough, Oct 2007.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014