Difference between revisions of "Old Math Building (Annex D)"

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with " '''Building Name:''' Old Math Buildingthumb|400x322px|right|Old Math Building, (195-?). UA PC-9 no. 43 (3). Photo credit: Harvey Studios. '''O...")
 
m
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
+
'''Building Name:''' Old Math Building[[File:Old Math building.jpg|thumb|right|400x322px|Old Math building.jpg]]
'''Building Name:''' Old Math Building[[File:Old_Math_building.jpg|thumb|400x322px|right|Old Math Building, (195-?). UA PC-9 no. 43 (3). Photo credit: Harvey Studios.]]
 
  
 
'''Other Names:''' Annex D
 
'''Other Names:''' Annex D
Line 20: Line 19:
 
'''Renovations/changes/additions:''' Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for [[Sir Edmund Head Hall|Head Hall]].
 
'''Renovations/changes/additions:''' Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for [[Sir Edmund Head Hall|Head Hall]].
  
'''Notes:''' Originally a canteen, the university bought the building in 1950 to house the Math Department. After the department moved into [[Tilley Hall]] in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and mechanical engineering moved in until the building was destroyed in 1987.
+
'''Notes:''' Originally a canteen, the university bought the building in 1950 to house the [[Department_of_Mathematics_and_Statistics|Mathematics Department]]. After the Department moved into [[Tilley Hall]] in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and the [[Department_of_Mechanical_Engineering|Department of Mechanical Engineering]] moved in until the building was destroyed in 1987.
  
 
'''Source(s):'''
 
'''Source(s):'''
* <span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Montague, Susan. ''A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick''. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.</span>
 
  
 +
*<span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Montague, Susan. ''A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick''. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.</span>
  
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012
+
{{Copyright}}
 +
[[Category:Buildings]]<br/>[[Category:Fredericton]]

Latest revision as of 11:07, 16 April 2015

Building Name: Old Math Building

Old Math building.jpg

Other Names: Annex D

Civic Address: Located on Windsor St.

Sod Turning: Unknown

Cornerstone Laying: Unknown

Opened for Use: 1950

Official Opening: 1950

Architect: Unknown

Named for: Housing the Math Department, and being a subsidiary building

Renovations/changes/additions: Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for Head Hall.

Notes: Originally a canteen, the university bought the building in 1950 to house the Mathematics Department. After the Department moved into Tilley Hall in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and the Department of Mechanical Engineering moved in until the building was destroyed in 1987.

Source(s):

  • Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014