Difference between revisions of "Old Math Building (Annex D)"

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 25: Line 25:
 
*<span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Montague, Susan. ''A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick''. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.</span>
 
*<span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Montague, Susan. ''A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick''. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.</span>
  
<br/>© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012
+
{{Copyright}}
[[Category:Buildings]]<br/>[[Category:Fredericton]]
+
[[Category:Buildings]][[Category:Fredericton]]

Revision as of 11:01, 13 June 2014

Building Name: Old Math Building

Old Math Building, (195-?). UA PC-9 no. 43 (3). Photo credit: Harvey Studios.

Other Names: Annex D

Civic Address: Located on Windsor St.

Sod Turning: Unknown

Cornerstone Laying: Unknown

Opened for Use: 1950

Official Opening: 1950

Architect: Unknown

Named for: Housing the Math Department, and being a subsidiary building

Renovations/changes/additions: Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for Head Hall.

Notes: Originally a canteen, the university bought the building in 1950 to house the Math Department. After the department moved into Tilley Hall in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and mechanical engineering moved in until the building was destroyed in 1987.

Source(s):

  • Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014