Difference between revisions of "Law Library"

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Building Name:''' Gerard V. La Forest Law Library [[File:Law library.jpg|thumb|right|328x264px|Law Library, [between 1968 and 1984]. PR; Series 1; Sub-series 4; Item 6390.]]
+
'''Building Name:''' Gerard V. La Forest Law Library [[File:Law library.jpg|thumb|right|Law Library, [between 1968 and 1984]. PR; Series 1; Sub-series 4; Item 6390.]]
  
 
'''Other Names:''' Unknown
 
'''Other Names:''' Unknown
Line 11: Line 11:
 
'''Opened for Use:''' September 1984
 
'''Opened for Use:''' September 1984
  
'''Official Opening:''' 8 October 1968 (as part of [[Ludlow Hall]]); 12 October 1984 by the Hon. Emmett M. Hall (as the new addition to [[Ludlow Hall]])
+
'''Official Opening:''' 8 October 1968 (as part of [[Ludlow Hall|Ludlow Hall]]); 12 October 1984 by the Hon. Emmett M. Hall (as the new addition to [[Ludlow Hall|Ludlow Hall]])
  
 
'''Architect:''' Mott, Myles & Chatwin
 
'''Architect:''' Mott, Myles & Chatwin
Line 17: Line 17:
 
'''Named for:''' The Honourable Mr. Justice Gerard V. La Forest, Justice of the New Brunswick Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada in fall 1992.
 
'''Named for:''' The Honourable Mr. Justice Gerard V. La Forest, Justice of the New Brunswick Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada in fall 1992.
  
[[File:Law library2.jpg|thumb|left|240x320px|New Law Library addition, October 1984. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 524; Item 4. Photo credit: Jean-Louis Tremblay.]]'''Renovations/changes/additions:''' The La Forest Rare Books Reading Room, a secure, climate-controlled environment for the preservation of UNB's historical collection of legal material, was opened 23 March 2012.
+
[[File:Law library2.jpg|thumb|right|New Law Library addition, October 1984. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 524; Item 4. Photo credit: Jean-Louis Tremblay.]]'''Renovations/changes/additions:''' The La Forest Rare Books Reading Room, a secure, climate-controlled environment for the preservation of UNB's historical collection of legal material, was opened 23 March 2012.
  
'''Notes:''' An addition to [[Ludlow Hall]], the Law Library contains 22,000 square feet of space, including the McAllister Room, named for law professor George A. McAllister (BA 1940; MA, BCL 1942)
+
'''Notes:''' An addition to [[Ludlow Hall|Ludlow Hall]], the Law Library contains 22,000 square feet of space, including the McAllister Room, named for law professor George A. McAllister (BA 1940; MA, BCL 1942)
  
 
'''Source(s):'''
 
'''Source(s):'''
Line 26: Line 26:
 
*''Law Library Briefs'', vol. 3, no. 1 (January 1993): 1. (UA RG 273)
 
*''Law Library Briefs'', vol. 3, no. 1 (January 1993): 1. (UA RG 273)
  
{{Copyright}}<br/><br/><br/><br/>
+
{{Copyright}}<br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/>
[[Category:Buildings]]<br/>[[Category:Fredericton]]<br/>[[Category:Libraries]]<br/>[[Category:Faculty of Law|Law Lib]]<br/>[[Category:UNB Fredericton|UNB_Fredericton]]
+
[[Category:Buildings]] [[Category:Fredericton]] [[Category:Libraries]] [[Category:Faculty of Law|Law Lib]] [[Category:UNB Fredericton|UNB_Fredericton]]

Latest revision as of 16:18, 26 November 2015

Building Name: Gerard V. La Forest Law Library

Law Library, [between 1968 and 1984]. PR; Series 1; Sub-series 4; Item 6390.

Other Names: Unknown

Civic Address: 41 Dineen Drive

Sod Turning: Unknown

Cornerstone Laying: Unknown

Opened for Use: September 1984

Official Opening: 8 October 1968 (as part of Ludlow Hall); 12 October 1984 by the Hon. Emmett M. Hall (as the new addition to Ludlow Hall)

Architect: Mott, Myles & Chatwin

Named for: The Honourable Mr. Justice Gerard V. La Forest, Justice of the New Brunswick Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada in fall 1992.

New Law Library addition, October 1984. PR; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 524; Item 4. Photo credit: Jean-Louis Tremblay.

Renovations/changes/additions: The La Forest Rare Books Reading Room, a secure, climate-controlled environment for the preservation of UNB's historical collection of legal material, was opened 23 March 2012.

Notes: An addition to Ludlow Hall, the Law Library contains 22,000 square feet of space, including the McAllister Room, named for law professor George A. McAllister (BA 1940; MA, BCL 1942)

Source(s):

  • UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; Ludlow Hall.
  • Law Library Briefs, vol. 3, no. 1 (January 1993): 1. (UA RG 273)


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014