Jean Isabel Hübener
Full name: Jean Isabel Hübener
Nicknames/Other names: Dr. Jean Hamilton
Birth: 15 August 1904 in Jarrahdale, Australia
Death: 15 January 1981 in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts with honors in French and German (1927) - University of Western Australia, Australia
- PhD in Mediaeval German and French - University of Bonn, Germany
Dates employed: 1951-1967
Department: Modern Languages
Professor of German (1951-1952)
- Department of German Head (1952-1967)
- Efforts led to the creation of the UNB Department of German.
- First head of Department of German.
- Made significant contributiont to the Harriet Irving Library's collection of German language and literature works.
- Implementation of graduate studies in German in 1964, during Dr. Hübener's time as head of Department of German.
- During time as head, the Department of German became renound within the Maritime Provinces for German studies.
Dissertation subject was "The role of the landscape in German and French mediaeval courtly epics."
- Appointed to Guggeinheim Fellowship in 1949 to participate in research on intellectual resistance to the Nazis.
- Named emeriti at Encaenia from UNB on May 15, 1975
- UA Case 77