Jean Isabel Hübener
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bachelor of Arts with honors in French and German (1927) - University of Western Australia, Australia
- PhD in Mediaeval German and French - University of Bonn, Germany
Dates employed: 1951 - 1967
Department: Modern Languages
- Professor of German (1951 - 1952)
- Department of German Head (1952 - 1967)
- Efforts led to the creation of the UNB Department of German.
- First head of Department of German.
- Made significant contributiont to the Harriet Irving Library's collection of German language and literature works.
- Implementation of graduate studies in German in 1964, during Dr. Hübener's time as head of Department of German.
- During time as head, the Department of German became renound within the Maritime Provinces for German studies.
- Dissertation subject was "The role of the landscape in German and French mediaeval courtly epics."
- Appointed to Guggeinheim Fellowship in 1949 to participate in research on intellectual resistance to the Nazis.
- Named emeriti at Encaenia from UNB on May 15, 1975
- UA Case 77
- Jean and Gustav Hübener fonds UA RG 362: http://gencat.eloquent-systems.com/unb_permalink.html?key=24543
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014