Difference between revisions of "Harrison House"

From UNB Archives and Special Collections
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Building Name:''' Harrison House[[File:Harrison house.jpg|thumb|right|300x340px|Harrison House, [after 1962]. PR; Series 1; Sub-series 4; Item 6552.]]
+
'''Building Name:''' Harrison House[[File:Harrison house.jpg|thumb|right|300x340px]]
  
 
'''Other Names:''' Harrison
 
'''Other Names:''' Harrison
Line 29: Line 29:
  
 
{{Copyright}}
 
{{Copyright}}
[[Category:Buildings]][[Category:Fredericton]][[Category:Residences]][[Category:Student Escapades|Harrison]]
+
[[Category:Buildings]]<br/>[[Category:Fredericton]]<br/>[[Category:Residences]]<br/>[[Category:Student Escapades|Harrison]] [[Category:UNB Fredericton]]

Revision as of 13:57, 23 July 2015

Building Name: Harrison House

Harrison house.jpg

Other Names: Harrison

Civic Address: 12 Macaulay Lane

Sod Turning: [ca. 1962]

Cornerstone Laying: 16 May 1962 by Dr. J.D.B. Harrison, grandson of Dr. Thomas Harrison

Opened for Use: 1962

Official Opening: 1962

Architect: Larson and Larson

Named for: Thomas Harrison, president of UNB from 1886-1906.

Renovations/changes/additions: Unknown

Plaque Inscription: Harrison House This Residence was completed in 1962 and is named in memory of Thomas Harrison, M.A., LL.D., president of the university from 1885 to 1906.

Notes: Originally an all-male residence, Harrison is now a co-ed building. Each year since 1973 the Great Pumpkin Sacrifice has been held during Halloween.

Source(s):

  • Plaque Inscription: University of New Brunswick Public Relations Department Photograph Collection; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 721; Item 28.
  • UA Case 122; Section 3; Harrison House.


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014