Difference between revisions of "David Robertson Galloway"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Revision as of 11:10, 1 September 2015
- Cambridge University - England
Dates Employed: 1948 - 1985
- Professor of English Literature (1948 - 1985 )
- Department Chairman of English (1969 - 1975)
- Visiting Professor at the Univeristy of Waterloo, 1967 - 1969, and director of the Shakespeare Summer Institute, at Waterloo.
- Member of Christ Church Cathedral, and numerous other professional and learned societies.
- Professor Emeritus (1985)
- Born in Ayershire, Scotland, in 1920.
- Military Cross recipiant in the Second World War, having served with the Queens Own Cameron Highlanders of the British Army
- Died on Friday, November 25, 1994, at the age of 74.
- Galloway, distinguished himself as an Elizabeth Scholar and teacher, resulting in many grants and publications, inlcuding a post-doctoral research grant from the Canadian Council, in 1976.
- Prior to his arrival at UNB, Galloway taught in New Zealand.
- In December, 1987, Galloway, received an election to a Fellowship in the Royal Society of Arts (London).
- Montague, Susan.A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick. 1992, p. 260.
- Communications and Marketing
- UA Case 77
- Alumni Clippings
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014