Alvin John Shaw
- Honours BA (1950) - University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- MA (1955) - University of Michigan, Ann Arbour, Michigan, United States
Dates Employed: 1950 - 1987
- Faculty Advisor-Director of the UNB Drama Society (1951 - 1973)
- Head of Modern Languages Department (1967 - 1972)
- Associate Dean of Arts (1971 - 1987)
- Professor Emeritus (1988)
- Shaw was don of the Lady Beaverbrook Residence - LBR (1954 to 1970)
- Dean of Men's Residences (1954 - 1961)
Activities/Contributions: During his 22 years with the UNB Drama Society, the society won forty-three awards in regional and national competitions and performed across the country. Shaw was part of the UNB Senate and Board of Deans and received the UNB Merit Award twice.
Shaw was a member of the Board of Governors of the National Theatre School as well as president of the N.B. Drama League.
Notes: Available from Archives and Special Collections ...
Alvin J. Shaw fonds
Record group/Fonds UA RG 350
1932 - 1992
Shaw served with the Canadian Army from 1942 to 1946.
Montague, Susan. A Pictoral History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, p. 254.
Alvin J. Shaw fonds.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014