Other Names: Neville Farmhouse
Civic Address: 58 Mackay Drive
Sod Turning: N/A
Cornerstone Laying: N/A
Opened for Use: N/A
Official Opening: [1969?] (new location)
Architect: Fred Neville’s great grandfather
Named for: Fred Neville, Caretaker of the UNB grounds.Renovations/changes/additions: The building was moved in 1969 from its original location beside Neville House to the other side of Mackay Dr. to face its former foundation.
Notes: Built in 1876, this house was occupied by Fred Neville for 91 years until his death in 1969. After it was moved, the building served as public relations and information offices. Student Employment Services is currently housed in the Neville Homestead.
- Leroux, John. Building A University: The Architecture of UNB. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 79, 84.
- Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, p. 63, 166.
- UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 2; Neville Homestead.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014