Other Names: Murray House, Cowie House, Bishop Court
Civic Address: 806 George St.
Sod Turning: N/A
Cornerstone Laying: N/A
Opened for Use: [1959?]
Official Opening: [1959?]
Named for: Florence Murray
Renovations/changes/additions: Many additions to the original house have created a rambling building with multiple storeys.
Notes: Known as Bishop Court when Anglican Bishop John Richardson lived here, the building served UNB as an off-campus female residence. Murray House closed its doors in 1981 and was sold to finance the renovation of Maggie Jean Chestnut House.
Murray House became the first co-educational residence at UNB, housing fourteen males and ten females in the fall of 1978.
- "Murray House goes Co-Ed." The Brunswickan, vol. 113, no. 5, 29 September 1978, p. 3.
- Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, p. 162.
- UA Case 122; Section 3; Murray House.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014