Other Names: C.C. Jones Student Services Centre
Civic Address: 26 Bailey Dr.
Sod Turning: 1957
Cornerstone Laying: [ca. 1958]
Opened for Use: 1958 (as residence); 4 January 2010 (rededication as Student Centre)
Official Opening: 10 October 1958 (plaque unveiling); 11 February 2010 (rededication)
Architect: Associated Designers and Inspectors (ADI Ltd.)
Named for: Dr. Cecil C. Jones, former president and chancellor of UNB from 1906-1940.
Renovations/changes/additions: In 2008 renovations began in order to turn the residence into the C.C. Jones Student Services Centre, which included creating office space and making the building accessible to students with disabilities.
Plaque Inscription: Jones House - This Residence was completed in 1958 and is named in memory of Cecil Charles Jones, M.A., PH.D., LL.D., D.C.L., president of the university from 1906 to 1940.
Notes: The building is an identical twin to Aitken House. An all-male residence, it opened in 1958 and was closed in 2006 due to low application numbers. The residents of Jones House merged with Neville House to become the Neville/Jones House. In 2010 the building was reopened as the C.C Jones Student Services Centre.
- Leroux, John. Building A University: The Architecture of UNB. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 77.
- Plaque Inscription: University of New Brunswick Public Relations Department Photograph Collection; Series 2; Sub-series 3; File 721; Item 32.
- UA Case 122; Section 3; Jones House.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014