International Relations Club

From Archives and Special Collections
Jump to: navigation, search

Previous/other names: International Affairs Club (1960)

Prominent date(s) of activity: 1941 - present

History: The International Relations Club was established in 1941 to increase student awareness about world affairs. In 1948 membership numbers dropped so low that the SRC and Club President agreed to suspend operation until at least 20 students showed sufficient interest to petition the clubs revival. This revival occured in 1960, when the International Affairs Club was formed to fill the roles of its predecessor.

Activities: The club invited prominent international speakers to UNB to enlighten members on alternative viewpoints and international concerns. In their founding year members attended the Regional New England Conference at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusettes, and acted as the Secretariat in the UNB Model United Nations.

Note(s):

Source(s):

  • UA Case 173.
  • Up the Hill, 1947, Organizations.
  • Up the Hill, 1948, p. 147.
  • Up the Hill, 1960, p. 110.


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014