Other Names: Mackay’s House, The Centre for Conflict Studies, The Fiddlehead, Acadiensis.
Civic Address: 11 Garland Ct.
Sod Turning: N/A
Cornerstone Laying: N/A
Opened for Use: 28 September 1957
Official Opening: 28 September 1957
Architect: Associated Designers & Inspectors (ADI Ltd.)
Renovations/changes/additions: Partitions were erected inside the house to create space for offices after the tenure of Colin Mackay.
Notes: Built to the specifications of Dr. Colin B. Mackay President of UNB 1953 – 1969. The building eventually became the Centre for Conflict Studies and it was later occupied by The Fiddlehead and Acadiensis publications after the President moved out in 1969.
- Leroux, John. Building A University: The Architecture of UNB. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 67-68.
- UA Case 123; Section 3, Box 1; Campus House.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014