Bowling League

From Archives and Special Collections
Jump to: navigation, search

Previous/other names: UNB Bowling Club

Prominent date(s) of activity: 1943 - ?

History: The bowling league organized games between teams of various groups across campus at a bowling alley in downtown Fredericton until Lord Beaverbrook furnished two bowling lanes on campus in the basement of the Lady Beaverbrook Gymnasium

Activities: Teams played a ten-game regular season schedule and playoffs and it topped off by a banquet at the end of the season. Games were played on Saturday afternoons.

Note(s): The COTC rifle range in the Lady Beaverbrook Gymnasium was converted to a bowling in 1947, providing students a low priced alternative on campus to bowl.

Source(s):

  • The Brunswickan, vol. 62, no. 15, 12 February 1943, p. 6.
  • Up the Hill, 1944, Organizations.
  • Up the Hill, 1945, Organizations.
  • The Brunswickan, vol. 67, no. 6, 7 November 1947, p. 5.


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014