Bank & Bookstore

From Archives and Special Collections
Jump to: navigation, search
Building Name: Bank and Bookstore
Bank and bookstore, [between 1963 and 1966]. UA PC 9a no. 14 (1).

Other Names: Bookstore and Bank

Civic Address: 29 Dineen Dr.

Sod Turning: [1962?]

Cornerstone Laying: 18 November 1962 by E.C. Wilson, Manager of the Fredericton Branch of the Bank of Montreal, and Marjorie Logue, Manager of the UNB Bookstore

Opened for Use: 7 January 1963

Official Opening: 7 January 1963

Architect: Larson and Larson

Named for: Accommodating the University Bookstore and a branch of the Bank of Montreal.

Renovations/changes/additions: January 1965: Book storage and bank deposit extension.

Notes:In 1963 the branch opened under the direction of Rebecca Watson, becoming the first Bank of Montreal in Canada to have a female manager. On 19 July 1988 the bank was robbed of $1200.

Source(s):

  • Leroux, John. Building A University: The Architecture of UNB. Fredericton: Goose Lane Editions, 2010, p. 84, 96.
  • UA Case 123, Box 1.


© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014