Annex D (Old Math Building)
Other Names: Old Math Building
Civic Address: Located on Windsor St.
Sod Turning: N/A
Cornerstone Laying: N/A
Opened for Use: 1950
Official Opening: 1950
Named for: Housing the Department of Mathematics
Renovations/changes/additions: Refurbished to create office space in 1950. The building was demolished in May 1987 to make room for Head Hall.
Notes: Originally an independently owned canteen, the university bought the building 1950, where it housed the Department of Mathematics. After the department moved into Tilley Hall in 1971, a credit union and offices for graduate students in surveying and mechanical engineering moved in.
- Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. University of New Brunswick, 1992, pp. 187,188.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2012