James O. Dineen
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (1940) - University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB, Canada
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (1945) - University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB, Canada
- Doctor of Laws (1968) - McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Doctor of Science (1972) - Université de Moncton, Moncton, NB, Canada
Years Employed: 1941 - 1975
Department: Electrical Engineering
- Instructor at the UNB Radio School (1941)
- Professor of Electrical Engineering (1942 - 1951)
- Head of the Department of Electrical Engineering (1951 - 1957)
- Dean of Engineering (1957 - 1969)
- Acting President of the University of New Brunswick (1969)
- President of the University of New Brunswick (1970 - 1972)
Notes: Dineen's six-year appointment as President was cut short due to health issues, but he continued on as a part-time teacher until his death in 1975.
- Montague, Susan. A Pictorial History of the University of New Brunswick. Fredericton, NB: University of New Brunswick, 1992, p. 222.
© UNB Archives & Special Collections, 2014